Friday, April 06, 2012

We Are Spectators of The Cross

On this Good Friday, take time to think about the immeasurable sacrifice Jesus Christ made by giving his life for us on the cross.

He died for YOU.

Can you even wrap your mind around that? He loves each one of us so much that he would have suffered in the same way had there been just one person on earth, and this is the day we especially remember that on. Watch this video of Bishop Fulton Sheen speaking about how each of us is a spectator of the cross, and I encourage you to look up some of his other talks - he is an incredible speaker!



My Lord, 
your son has suffered so much, shed so much blood. 
I was born with so many faults 
and my nature is so full of weakness, 
and yet your son Jesus has died on the cross. 
For me. 
I know your grace has the power 
to cleanse me of my many sins 
and to make me more like your Son. 
Thank you for your goodness and love for me. 
I ask you, Father, to watch over me - always. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment