Sunday, November 27, 2011

Taking Sides

Photo via Youth Defence Facebook Page


“I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”


This was the theme of the International Pro-Life Youth Conference, and how we kicked off the conference. Well actually, we started it by blasting "Party Rock Anthem", rocking out onstage, and getting the crown up cheering :-) Who says pro-lifers aren't fun?!?!?! 


This energy carried us through the weekend. The conference was a powerful, inspiring, and exciting experience for me. 


I knew before the weekend that I wanted to dedicate my life to this movement, but afterward I am confident that God is indeed calling me to be a voice for the voiceless, an advocate for life, and a warrior in the battle against evil. I believe that this is the most worthy cause to dedicate my life to, because no other injustice claims as many lives, or impacts our world like abortion does. Because of this horror, over 53,000,000 babies have been aborted since 1973, and around 4,000 are added to that number EVERY DAY. That means that about 1/3 of my generation is missing.


It is time to take sides. It is time rise up and END abortion. 


Are you ready to take sides and stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone?





No comments:

Post a Comment